What is Confirmation?
- Confirmation is the continuation of one's faith journey (a journey begun at baptism) and the beginning of one's covenant relationship with the church - not and end unto itself.
- Confirmation is more than just a series of classes, Confirmantion teaches us to be engaged in the life of the church through worship, service, small groups, and involvement in other ministries.
- Confirmands should should emerge from their confirmation experience better prepared for a life of Christian discipleship.
- Confirmands will "remember" their baptism (or, if they have not yet been baptized, anticipate their baptism) and learn about the baptismal vows that they will take, or that were taken on their behalf. Confirmands will learn that confirmation is a way to claim and affirm the work down by they Holy Spirit in their baptism.
Who Should Participate in Confirmation?
Beginning this year at Grace UMC we are offering the confirmation program to youth in our church 7th Grade through Senior High who have not yet been confirmed.
- Youth who want to deepen and strengthen their Christian faith
Youth who seek to know more about God - embark on a spiritual adventure.
Youth who want to become more deeply involved at Grace Church by attending worship, serving, and giving to the ministry of the church.
- Youth who are ready to embrace church membership vows.
New For 2012-2013
This year confirmation will be led jointly by the pastors of Grace UMC, St. James UMC, and Wesley UMC. The youth from all three churches will partipcate together in 18 Confirmation sessions, two exciting retreat experiences, and confirmation activities at our three United Methodist churches.
This special joint confirmation experience will allow our youth to participate in more fun activities, get to know United Methodist Youth in other UMC churches, and attend to special confirmation retreats during the 2012-2013 school year.
Confirmation Sunday will be May 19th, 2013!
This year we will continue to use a resource called 'Credo' for our Confirmation Sessions. It is a resource from Cokesbury and is a United Methodist confirmation resource.
Check out the website for more information: